New Rules for Admission in US Universities
Category : MS ACS
Effective immediately, for all students, US universities can no longer issue I-20s with conditional admission in the same way they did in the past. Earlier, if a student met all of the academic requirements for undergraduate admission to, for example, Electrical Engineering but he did not meet TOEFL or IELTS requirement, conditional admission was given and list Electrical Engineering on the student’s I-20. The student’s I-20 must now be for Intensive English program. This change may have a significant impact on a student’s ability to get a visa from the U.S. Embassy in some countries.
Students who have MET English requirement at the time they are accepted for admission
No changes. Students will receive an academic I-20 with their academic major listed on it. The student’s I-20 will be marked to show they are proficient in English.
Students who are accepted for academic admission but have NOT MET our English requirement
If the student has been accepted to, for example, Electrical Engineering and has not met our English requirement, the student will receive an admission letter that states he is accepted to an undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering. However, his I-20 will be for Intensive English. We will add a comment on his I-20 that states that he is admitted to an undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering after meeting our English requirement.
If the student has been accepted to, for example, a master’s program in Electrical Engineering and has not met our English requirement, the student will not receive an I-20 until he applies to Intensive English. If the student applies to Intensive English, he will receive admission letters for both Intensive English and the M.S. in Electrical Engineering. However, his I-20 will be for Intensive English. Universities will add a comment that states that he is admitted to the M.S. in Electrical Engineering after meeting English requirement.
Update on German admissions – We have been receiving several enquiries about admission in German universities. This will update information on admission at various levels. For Bachelor’s level education, it is not possible to study in English medium in Germany. Therefore, if one wants to study with English as the medium of instruction, they could do so only at the Master’s level in Germany. Here are a few points for studying in Germany.
- Germany offers free education. However, there are universities that offer paid education also. In case if admission is expected from paid universities, the annual fee can be between 500 Euros to 12,000 Euros depending on the university
- Germany offers two intakes. Summer and Winter, which starts in May and September respectively. The admission and visa process takes a minimum of 10-12 months.
- Living expenses could be anywhere between 650 to 750 Euros per month. The total expenses for the year (8,000 to 10,000 Euros per year) have to be transferred to VFS Blocked Account before going to Germany. The student has to show these funds in a Joint account with his sponsor for at least one week, before going to the visa.
- Also, there will be an enrollment fee of 260 Euros payable by the student to the university, upon acceptance.
- The student has good academic background. But he also needs an IELTS score of 6.5 min. or 80+ in TOEFL. GRE though not mandatory, is preferred for admission in good German universities.
- The duration of the course could be 3 to 4 semesters depending upon the university.
Manhattan Review will be pleased to provide admission services for most Master’s programs in Germany. Contact our nearest center for starting your admission process to Germany.
Presentations on study abroad – For our students in Kukatpally and Dilsukhnagar centers, we had conducted presentations, group advising sessions and one-on-one advising sessions to provide more information on studying abroad, advantages and benefits and how we could be of assistance with their plans. Many students got their doubts clarified and showed keen interest on starting the admission process for Fall 2017 intake or to expedite their applications for Spring intake. The information has been very well received. Thank you students, for making the right decision of expanding your horizons and deciding to take on the world, with a qualification from abroad. Manhattan Review will be with you till you achieve your goals.
Tags: Ms in Us, MS Admission Services, Study In USA, Study In Germany, overseas education consultants
Manhattan Review offers comprehensive test-prep and Admissions counseling programs for GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE . Go through our website http://www.manhattanreviewindia.com to see the latest updates.