Category : MS ACS
- A major source of funding for US universities is non-residential fee paid by graduate and undergraduate students in the STEM courses. Every year, more than ONE MILLION international students get into US to study.
- STEM courses are Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics courses, which are preferred by most Indian students, to study in USA.
- OPT, CPT, H1B Visa are all work related programs especially benefitting STEM graduates.
- If we assume what rumor mongers say, and think that H1B visas will not be issued for International students, then think about the repercussions.
- Number of applications to the Universities will go down, which will cut the funding of these universities and thus affecting the operations.
- These are not desirable results for any economy that intends to grow, for which about 32 Billion Dollars is spent by International students alone, every year. And most importantly The United States would know that for sure.
- Thus the US Government says that they need high skilled students to study in the US, work and contribute to the US economy.