USA – Study, training and Work: Latest updates
Category : MS ACS
There are a lot of misconceptions and rumors that are circulating amongst the international student community, who wish to study and later work in USA.
In this Newsletter, we are looking at the ‘actual’ and practical information given by successful applicants for USA H1B Visa.
Quite a few Indian applicants who have studied their Master’s in USA and have been working in the USA after their Optional Practical Training have visited India in recent times and applied for H1B Visa.
Almost all the applicants have their H1B visas approved for THREE YEARS.
From our conversation with some of them, it was clear that the visa interview was mostly about if they (the applicant) had studied in USA and working with a company directly, instead of through consultants.
Also, there was a discussion with the US Consulate staff, in one of the popular news channels. The officials have categorically stated that there will be absolutely no problem for students to study and work in USA.
What does all this mean?
- For genuine students who want to obtain international qualifications from USA, the doors are always open.
- There are NO RESTRICTIONS on students to obtain Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) at all. In other words, no changes in law have been envisaged for CPT or OPT.
- If the students obtain an American Degree in USA, they will be eligible to apply for H1B visa. As per a proposal, applicants who study in USA will be preferred for the H1B visa
- Since there will be no lottery system from next year (2018) and the number of applicants will be restricted, it becomes easier for applicants to get their H1B easier than now!
- With a H1B visa on hand, one can work for three years initially and extend it for another three years as per present rules.
So, study in USA to get a world-class degree and gain practical work experience and employment for a very BRIGHT FUTURE!
What’s stopping you now? Just visit our Manhattan Review’s center nearest to you and prepare to fly!
Wish you good luck.